Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What Do I Desire?





What do I desire is a question I ask myself often now a days. Because, how can I make myself happy or be happy with someone else if I don't know what I want.
Here lately I have found a new respect for good men who try to please women. Example: When a man ask you what you want to do for the evening, you say it doesn't matter then when he picks something you don't want to do it. Or you are less then cheerful about it.
How frustrating that must be. As woman we have to learn to ask ourselves what it is we want and then when asked what we want speak up and say. Think of all the time and energy that would be save if we knew what we wanted and were willing to tell somebody.
As women we are strong we take care of and speak up for our loved ones, all the time but we have a major problem with speaking up loud and clear when asked what we want.
A large part of living a pleasurable life is having what we desire. What do you want to do? Where do you want to live? What type of person you want to be with. Even something as simple as what type of movie do you want to watch.
It has taken me a long time to start putting aside the programming of a lifetime and began to live life the way I want to.

Vanity


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looked like a female blog but I read the comment GoodKnight made so I want to add my comments I think it is good you are getting the male view on things. I agree that woman should say what they want. When ever I ask my wife what she wants, or what does she want to do, she says it doesn't matter what ever I want to do. But you know that what I want to do is never what she wants so it is not that much fun.
It would be nice if my wife would help me out here and once in a while come up with the ideas. I just wanted to say I get tried of always have to make the choices. I intend to show this blog to my wife so she can read.

Man Speaking Up