Sunday, November 06, 2005

Be selfish


I am a mother, I was a wife.

After having been married most of my adult life, putting everyone in my life first, and myself always second.

I now realize that if I had been a little more selfish and put ,myself first sometimes I would have been able to make theirs lives and more importantly my life better.

Because being selfish is the way you take care of your needs. I would have been a happier person, if I had been selfish enough to see to my own well being and happiness. Thereby passing that pleasure in life I was feeling along to the people in my life who were important to me.

Can a person who is not happy truly make another person happy?

This should be true for both men and women. If you kill yourself trying to make someone else happy while you are not, who ends up happy in the end. NO ONE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was raised to believe that selfish people were bad. That if you put your loved ones before you, in the end you will be rewarded. So how would you change the way you have been taught to think all your life. How could putting yourself first help your loved ones when they need so much?