Monday, November 07, 2005

Selfish - Is that Good or Is that Bad


If the truth were known we were all raised to some extend to believe that being selfish is bad. If you have to learn to be a little selfish for your own good and well being, then you are more then likely not in danger of being bad selfish.

Let's face it, for good women being non-selfish has evolved into a self-denying cycle. You move thru your everyday life denying yourself the little pleasures that make you happy and in some cases healthy.

If you don’t take the time to recharge your batteries, you become worn down and moody and sad.

The point of learning to be selfish does not meant that you stop doing all the things you do for everyone else it just means that you make a point to set aside sometime to pamper yourself.

Take that hour to have a quite bubble bath. Go to the salon have your nails done. You don’t have time for these things, you say. How many times has, your husband and your children spent the evening watching TV while you run around cleaning this and cleaning that. Ask yourself was it that pressing to get that cleaning done. Let it go for another night, go to your room, do your nails, run a bath, use your favorite bubble bath, have a glass of wine.

Relax enjoy the moment, enjoy the peace and quite.

And when you are done pampering yourself then join your family, sit watch some TV and pass on some of those nice calm feelings.

Vanity

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do take time for myself I take the hour for the bubble bath etc. But that is not what is keeping me from the pleasure of life. It is that the man I am with doesn't seem to care about me as much as I do him. I have tried every way I know to get him to show that he does. I know this is not what you were talking about but I would like to know what you think.

Unhappy

Anonymous said...

Do you really believe this stuff, I am single, I do all this stuff, I get me hair done, I get my nails done, I diet all the time. But it does not help, I don't have pleasure in my life, I can't meet a man. And no matter how much I diet I don't lose any weight. I am still alone and unhappy. What do you have to say about that.

Disbeleiver

Anonymous said...

Hi I ran across your blog while I was surfing the net, I would never enter and thing in a blog but your blog was a topic that interest me and it said I could do it without using my name. So here it goes. I was just wondering what you might think about my situation.

I have been married for 6 years and over 2 years ago my husband had a car accident, he is now in a wheel chair he can not walk any more. After the accident my husband went thru a long and hard recovery. He has done great we still do a lot of things together, we still talk and laugh. We have adjusted our life in all the areas but one.

Before the accident we were very sexually active, my husband was passionate and romantic. He was really romantic an example of that was we use to on every Saturday night take a bubble bath together. We don’t do that any more, we have almost no romantic contact at all.

He has adjusted so well that he now takes a bubble bath every Saturday again, he has developed really good upper body strength and he is able to lift himself in and out of the tub now.

But he does invite me to join him in the bath. And when we are in bed together he just faces away from me and doesn’t talk to me.

My husband was my pleasure in life and I feel like I have lost not all it but a big part of it.

Pleasure Lost